Product Designer at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer with a strong portfolio that demonstrates an ability to balance user goals with business objectives, while delivering intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.” We seek an experienced teammate dedicated to our mission; drive a fully self-service experience for customers managing their business and account information with Toast.
Our future teammate is someone who is excited about improving the lives of everyone working in a restaurant. You’re a system thinker who loves untangling and making sense of complex problems and understands the value of a consistent experience and clear information architecture. Your collaborative style inspires others to ask to work with you. You have high quality standards and you acknowledge there’s always more to learn.
You have experience working closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to prioritize, brainstorm, and deliver seamless user experiences. Demonstrated skills include user research, business process analysis, workflow design, visual storytelling, interaction design, and high-fidelity product design. As a Toast Senior Product Designer, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose - we enable restaurants to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design intuitive experiences across mobile and responsive web platforms - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with UX, product management, engineering, and marketing to understand users, translating that understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Support user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3-5 years of experience with demonstrated ability to lead the solution of a product area and connect to a broader product vision
- Experience with holistic design approaches, including journey mapping, to create delightful moments across the entire experience
- Enough UX Research fluency to be data and insights driven
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Enduring sense of curiosity with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Passion for doing right by the customer
- Systems design
- Information architecture
- Fluency in one or more design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC)
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Systems design
- Information architecture
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees. Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals. At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.