We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
About You : You believe design is a verb, not a deliverable. We are looking for design experience in advocating for the user despite business and technical constants. This will require you to both understand the problem you are solving and execute the appropriate solution.You know (as much as you might fight it) the constraints of technology are just as important as their promise because it's in the constraints we find our best ideas. Someone who sees the patterns in the chaos and knows how to translate those patterns into tools.
The Impact You Will Make
- Design thoughtful, compelling, user-centered features that are easily translated into multiple brand applications and address their, and our, business goals
- Partner with product managers, developers, and designers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Optimize SDK templates for efficiency and feature parity, completing regular development reviews
- Engage with senior members of the design team to constantly push the quality of our products
- Build, maintain and contribute to our design system
- Use research and data to inform design decisions
- Help grow a design culture within the organization
What You Bring to the Table
- At least 3-4 years of practical, in-house product or UX design experience
- Strong understanding of user-centered design process and prototyping methodologies
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills
- You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- Comfortable with constructive feedback and iterating on designs
- Desire to create new processes, implement design principles, and collaborate with team members
- Strong understanding of users needs and user testing methodologies.
- Adaptable attitude - comfortable with a face-paced environment and quick iterations
- Advanced use of design tools, such as Figma (our primary tool), Sketch, the Adobe Suite, InVision, Zeplin, and more
- Animation/interactions skills are a plus
- Able to design for multiple platforms including iOS, Android, and Web
- General understanding of code and how designs will ultimately be built
- Must include a portfolio displaying a strong understanding of UI/UX principles and strategic thinking
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]