Product Designer at Maxwell Health
Maxwell Health aims to be the benefits system that we all deserve - a smart, supportive, and elegant platform that helps hard working people choose benefits for their unique situation and then make the most of them. It also supports busy HR staff and brokers manage the complex workflows of benefits administration completely online.
We are seeking a curious product designer that has experience designing the user experience for web applications. Prior work does not need to include benefits, healthcare or finance but its preferred. We are looking for someone that is hungry to make an impact, to sink their teeth into some juicy challenges, and to be part of an incredible engineering and product team.
You must have a portfolio that demonstrates past work with user flows, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes for a variety of project types. This is a full time position that will report to our Director of Product Design. Preference to candidates who are in the Boston are, but can be a remote position.
You can expect:
- A fast-paced, high-energy work day
- A collaborative environment where everyone's contributions are essential and valued
- To be given some of the biggest design challenges you have ever faced
We will expect you to:
- Maintain and practice a user-centered, data-driven design approach
- Work independently while getting direction from the design director
- Bring new thinking to an industry that needs it desperately
- Be familiar with the challenges in product design - thinking incrementally, working within design systems, collaborating closely with engineers and product owners
- Collaborate with a tight-knit product and engineering team that follows modern agile practices
- Express early/foundational design directions through user flows, sketches and wireframes
- Define detailed visual and UI design through visual comps, prototypes and design specifications
- To rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
- One or more years designing web applications for consumers or business users
- Skilled both in developing the UX and UI of a product - and able to understand the difference between them.
- Highly proficient in wireframing and prototyping tools such as Axure, inVision, Sketch or Adobe XD
- Some experience conducting or collaborating in user research activities
- Bachelors Degree or 4 years of Product Designer experience