Machine learning is eating the world. At PathAI, we're applying it in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. For us, it's early days—we have some unique and important design challenges to solve, and recognize that design and UX will be crucial to everything we're doing.
We're looking for an experienced product designer to join our team and help solve some of these challenges. If you're the right candidate, you'll use all your design skills:
- Dive into research mode, working with our customers and partners to inform decisions and test our work
- Sweat the interaction details, making sure our interface is efficient and accurate, and clearly shows our data and insights
- Pull together prototypes, which you'll use for testing and for informing implementation
- Articulate complex ideas, both verbally and in writing, to build a shared understanding and drive decisions
- Get a handle on constraints, some of which are medical, some regulatory, without sacrificing a great experience
- Make it beautiful, since attractive things often work better too
- Understand the technologies—and at least a slice of the research—that brings it all together
- It's not always easy, but it's powerful, important, and rewarding work you'll be doing every day
Great designers come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You've been around the block a more than a couple times with two or more years of work in this field
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field like HCI, CS, graphic design, industrial design, or social sciences like sociology and psychology
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak design-thinking shape. They're rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Fun and healthy sustenance, currently including a wide array of healthy—and unhealthy—snacks, cold brew coffee, and green tea on tap.
- Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.