As a designer, you’re all about designing meaningful experiences. At Fuze, we believe we tackle a meaningful problem that impacts our users everyday - improving communication for the modern workplace. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices from Seattle to Ottawa to Portugal, and customers worldwide, you will get to join a fast-paced, pre-IPO company with a growing design team.
About the role
Are you the type of person who is passionate about design? Do you thrive on transforming complex and outdated systems into simple, modern solutions? Do you love brainstorming innovative ideas with other great designers? Do you drive your friends crazy by constantly noticing ways to make the things around you more user-friendly? If so, you sound like you could be a great fit for our team.
As a member of the Fuze Product Design team, you’ll be an integral part of the group that is responsible for the design of our entire product line. You’ll be collaborating closely with our other designers and dedicated research team to ensure everything we do is cohesive, easy to use, and innovative.
As a product designer, you will be responsible for your own product area. This means:
- You’ll get hands on for the entire design process, from early mock ups through polished UI designs
- Collaborate (early and often) with a product manager on each project
- Partner with engineering as your designs are built
- Help define the long-term vision for your product, using your design expertise to come with with ways to innovate and differentiate our product while delighting our users.
What You’ll Do
First six months
- Get familiar with the Fuze product line, which modernizes traditional voice services and unifies them with video and messaging services, across desktop, web, and mobile platforms.
- Get to know Fuze’s diverse set of customers and end users, with a focus on gaining a deep understanding on the administrative persona who is the primary user of your product
- Get to know your team. At Fuze, you will be joining a collaborative team of other designers, product managers, and software engineers. Just like our products, we believe that great designs begin with communicating and learning from others.
- Jump in and start creating great designs!
Six months and beyond
- Learn the wider unified communications market, competition, and industry trends
- Align business requirements, use cases, and user needs into elegant product interfaces
- Collaborate with our UX Research team to learn about our users and ensure your designs are perfect for them
- Work closely with product managers to communicate your design vision and incorporate their feedback
- Work with the engineering team as they build the final product
- Be able to suggest UX and design-related process improvements
- Be seen as a company-wide advocate for UX and as an approachable expert in all things design-related
Your challenge (should you choose to accept it)
Your focus will be on a challenge that affects the core of Fuze’s business, creating a next generation design for our administrative products. By making our customers more self-sufficient, we make them happier, lighten our support load, and help Fuze continue it’s fast-paced growth. Help us continue to drive the improved engagement of users in our products and cement Fuze’s reputation as a UX-focused company,
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 2+ years of UX/Product design experience (work on B2B products is a strong plus)
- Does top-notch product design work, with a supporting portfolio
- Is comfortable with the full spectrum of design responsibilities, from initial UX to a polished visual design
- Is passionate about discovering and meeting the needs of the customer
- Loves to collaborate, and gives and takes design feedback like a champ
- Values and incorporates user research into the design process
- Stays on top of UX trends
- Demonstrate initiative, energy, and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent communication skills. Your ideas are only as useful as your ability to communicate them.
- Knows how to be pragmatic - we work fast, iterate often, and need to be able to roll with constant change.
- But…still keep your standards high. As designers, we are the main advocates for our users, and we owe it to them to always do our best work possible.