Do you want to be part of a growing dynamic product design team that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry? Do you get excited when you work directly with customers and develop products that solve their problems? If so, you are a Toaster!
Toast has built a powerful and easy to use cloud-based restaurant technology platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and delight guests in new and innovative ways. We have a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about how to help our customers grow their business, and how to provide a best in class user experience. We strive to bring best in class designs and products to our users. The product design team works hand in hand with with Product Management, Customer Success, Marketing, Sales, Business Development, and Documentation to establish a forward-looking, user experience that touches upon every aspect of the user or customer journey while partnering with the engineering team to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch.
The Product Designer is accountable for driving the development of innovative app designs on web, mobile, and a variety of other hardware devices from conceptualization to implementation. They are responsible for optimizing existing user interfaces for better user productivity, discoverability, and simplicity.
- Ability to sketch, wireframe, create user flows, sitemaps, user stories, personas, and all other UX and communication artifacts based on business requirements and constraints
- Be a storyteller – deliver insights about people and behavior, both verbally and visually, in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from stakeholders and customers.
- Work closely with development and product teams through agile sprints to iterate quickly on work, while ensuring that designs are implemented in full adherence to the prototypes and design specifications
- Understand business strategy and how designs align with strategy
- Create prototypes for reviews, usability testing, and customer demos
- Ability to measure effectiveness of designs via analytic tools and report out on project success
- Ability to incorporate data-driven insights, customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into user-centric designs
- Coordinate and moderate research studies, usability tests, in person and remotely as needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4-year degree in human-computer interaction
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in user experience, product design or related field
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating innovation, and your design process
- Fluency in using Sketch or similar design tools
- Ability to partner with product managers and engineering to balance technical, business, and customer requirements while keeping a user-centric design approach
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Team player who becomes an active and impactful member of the project team
- Ability to mentor and work directly with junior designers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong analytical and technical abilities
- Experience designing experiences across mobile devices iOS and Android is a plus
- Experience in the hospitality industry is a plus