Product Designer- Toast Takeout
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
We’re seeking a Product Designer who balances user goals and business objectives that results in a simple yet effective design. You’re right for this role if you have responsive web experience; love taking an iterative approach to design that includes user research and collaboration; your attention to detail and problem solving skills are obvious throughout the entire process; you’re curious and you understand there’s always more to learn.
About this roll*:
- Design intuitive responsive web experiences - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with UX and product management to understand customers, translating understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking
- Partner with scrum teams to effectively deliver the needs of the product roadmap
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Consistently apply Toast’s UI patterns across all designs, contributing to its evolution
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 2+ years’ experience designing software or large scale, complex websites
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HCI, Human Factors, etc. preferred
- Passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products with a portfolio to prove it
- Expert in modern design tools (ex., Sketch, Invision, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of user-centered design and mobile best practices
- Empathetic with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Restaurant experience is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged, not required.