Product Designer (Temporary Position)
Our mission at Toast is to empower the restaurant community to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive! Toast is a powerful and easy to use all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants grow their business and delight their guests in new and innovative ways.
Toast has built a powerful and easy to use Android tablet based Point of Sale platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and connect with their diners in new and innovative ways. As a complement to our POS, we also provide a suite of diner-focused offerings that help restaurants to attract new diners, retain existing diners, and reduce diner-facing costs. These products include an online ordering portal, a diner loyalty program, gift cards, and a diner self-serve kiosk. In pursuing these offerings, we are passionate about empowering restaurants to grow their businesses smarter and faster and providing exceptional experiences to diners.
We are seeking a Product Designer to provide 5 months of temporary support to our diner-focused efforts. The Product Designer will partner with several teams in our Consumer division to build and shape the design of new and existing products that are changing the way that restaurants and diners experience food.
The temporary Product Designer will start in May of 2018 and provide 5 months of support to our Consumer team. There is potential for the role to turn into a permanent role after the initial term expires.
The UX Designer will be responsible for:
- Owning and improving designs for 1-2 Consumer product areas (e.g., online ordering, kiosk, loyalty, gift cards, etc)
- Understanding business requirements and effectively explaining how design solutions align with strategy
- Designing low and high fidelity comps, data visualizations, icons, and complex prototypes
- Collaborate with UX designers and product managers to produce user-centric design solutions and ensure that designs are implemented in adherence with design specifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and traits:
- 3+ years of experience as a UI designer, UX designer and/or visual/digital/web designer
- Experience designing digital and mobile products; specifically iOS and Android
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to passionately make a case for your design approach and deliverable
- Skills in color palette construction, typographic refinement, iconography, sketching, illustration, photography, and infographics
- Expertise in using applications such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other relevant design tools, producing rapid deliverables in an organized, consumable manner
- Team player and an impactful member of the design team
- Strong ability to think conceptually in both visual and interaction design
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects within different teams while meeting tight deadlines
- Desire to push and lead design efforts and stay on top of the latest design trends, across both design and industry landscapes
- Online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your pixel perfect designs and examples that include diverse subject matter- from product to software tools, campaigns, and web applications
- BFA/BA in Graphic design or equivalent