Product Designer - Medical Reporting
We’re looking for a product designer with 3 + years of experience working within agile teams in a collaborative environment to evolve our clinical report as well as the applications used in its curation . You’ll work closely with the team that owns the experience that enables our on-site biomedical informaticians to provide the reports for clinical patients as well as shaping the design of the reports themselves . The ideal candidate would act as a strong voice for the customer while still being able to prioritize business goals to arrive at high-value design solutions. In many cases the individual in this role will be called on to explain concepts to scientists,marketers , and engineers, many of whom are new to the concepts of user- centered design. We’re looking for someone who is inspired by the impact that design can have in making difficult decisions for patient care .
You’ ll be joining a growing team of designers and researchers with diverse backgrounds, interests, and skill sets . As a member of the team, you’d be expected to provide thoughtful critique as well as to contribute to initiatives outside of your product team. A willingness to share your experience and a desire to improve as a designer are essential for this role.
How you will contribute to our cause
- By striving to understand how our customers us e the patient report to inform critical treatment decisions and advocating for improvements in that experience.
- Working closely with stakeholders across the business to improve the design of the clinical report as our business continues to change and grow.
- Creating critical design artifacts for leads securing biopharma deals, working through the regulatory process, or advancing product development.
- Designing new workflows that will allow the Biomedical Informatics team to keep pace with the constantly changing landscape of cancer care.
- Identifying areas of the current application that could be improved to reduce errors or make processes more efficient.
- By having visibility into the source of data and output, you’ll work with stakeholders across the company to create a forward-looking document that is actionable for oncologists and their patients.
- Validate proposed design solutions with users to arrive at optimal solutions before they are implemented by the engineering team.
- While you work on near-term needs, you’ll also collaborate with stakeholders to strategize on how the application will continue to support company growth.
- Working closely with product and engineering counterparts to translate insights into a roadmap, a roadmap into a plan, and then executing on that plan.
- Creating prototypes of possible design solutions to validate with users, working closely with an agile product team to build the software.
- Work with and help to grow a nascent pattern library.
How you’ll be successful
- You’ll work collaboratively with other designer s while also owning your own work stream.
- You’ll take a systematic approach to layout and product design while also demonstrating a keen eye for visual design and the details.
- You will b e comfortable delivering work with in the structure of an agile framework to solve design challenges as well as delivering to meet design needs outside the product team workflow.
- You will work with stakeholders to understand needs and work to reframe conversations around problems and customer needs.
- When designing an experience, you design key workflows around a user’s needs and seek to avoid frustrating interactions.
- You are familiar with how your designs are built in code and can work closely with engineers to execute on the experience that you’ve designed.
- You can present your work in a thoughtful manner to engage stakeholders.
- You will work closely with design researchers to develop discussion guides and conduct research that you translate into insights.
- Not content to let well enough be, you’ ll frequently being self-reflective of your process and looking to validate new tools and methods.
- You make contributions that help to level up the UX team as a whole.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine began with an idea: to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics by bringing cutting-edge science and technology to the way that cancer is treated . That simple idea continues to inspire and drive our mission of transforming cancer care for all patients. Our approach generates meaningful insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps to accelerate the development of new therapies. The work that our talented people do every day contributes to the realization of our vision through impact on real lives.