At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Your role as a Product Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s mobile apps that are both useful & delightful. You'll become a foundational member of a young, but high-impact, User Experience team whose shared goal is to build elegant, user-centric product solutions. You’ll passionately act as the voice of the user. You’ll relentlessly pursue ways to make travelers’ lives easier. Whether you're designing a new way for travelers to shop for vacation rentals or creating an engaging onboarding flow, you'll work closely with other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers to define the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Design and prototype simple and elegant experiences
- Own all stages of the design process from concept through launch
- Solve product problems with a focus on the best user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Seek out, understand and incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process
- Test multivariate solutions to iterate to the right design as evidenced by data
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Analysts to prioritize and build new features
- Regularly give and receive feedback with other Designers to ensure quality, consistency, and collaboration
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and process
- You have at least 2-4 years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products
- Experience shipping mobile product in an agile environment on cross-platform (iOS & Android)
- Demonstrated experience in both visual and interactive design
- An up-to-date understanding of mobile best practices and trends
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
- No ego when it comes to product or design
- Comfort with a fast-paced, agile development process
- Incredible product judgement
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
- Have a great sense for aesthetics that could both work with or extend Hopper’s style
- Experience working at scale with Design Systems
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)