Product Designer, Internal Tools (UX/IA)
We are looking for a talented User Experience Designer with a strong portfolio focus on information architecture skills to join a team dedicated to business partners, suppliers, and operations: the backbone of Wayfair’s customer experience. Your demonstrated skillset must include the analysis of user needs, business process analysis, information design and layout, workflows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. You should have experience working directly with Stakeholders, Product Managers, and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver highly-transactional user experiences.
As a Wayfair UX Designer focused on internal/supplier systems, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class professionals who are hard at work transforming the online ecosystem and toolset behind Wayfair.com’s success. Our culture is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a self-directed, analytical, and creative individual with a passion for transforming complexity, logistics, process, and volumes of information into highly intuitive online solutions.
At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of ecommerce, and your work will have deep and meaningful impact.
Information Architecture Responsibilities
- Produce detailed IA deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision, and/or other prototyping tools, ensuring all details are distinct and user-friendly. All documents must clearly define the scope of the relevant project. These deliverables include: site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, taxonomies, data architecture considerations, etc.
UX Design Responsibilities
- Make interaction recommendations based on existing Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices
- Work closely with front-end developers and software engineers to ensure user-facing experiences meet our interaction design standards
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
- Produce fully annotated wireframes and functional specifications
User Research Responsibilities
- Generate design prototypes to utilize during research
- Competitive analysis: Evaluate competitor and industry websites to provide a meaningful analysis of the findings
- Prioritize, plan and help conduct user research, including the following techniques: user interviews, usability testing, task analysis, contextual inquiry, card sorting
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, and QA
- Support and influence product planning and prioritization
- Establish design acceptance criteria for the product, and ensure that the implementation meets design standards
- Collaborate closely with engineering & QA to work through design details during the development of code
- 3+ years of UX design experience - a big plus if you have experience with online software and tools
- 1+ years of Information Architecture experience
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it.
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that have unclear direction or unknown variables
- Experience creating or using modular design systems and pattern libraries
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: user flows, wireframes, comps, or designs for complex software tools or applications, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking