Product Designer (Business)
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Looking to join a hyper-growth company on a talented team that’s revolutionizing an entire industry? If so, that’s Toast.
We’re seeking a Product Designer that balances user goals and business objectives that results in a simple, yet effective design. You’re right for this role if you have mobile and web experience; love taking an iterative approach to design that includes user research, and collaboration; your attention to detail and problem solving skills are obvious throughout the entire process; and you’re curious and understand there’s always more to learn.
What you will do:
- Design intuitive mobile app (Android) and responsive web experiences - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with UX and product management to understand customers, translating understanding into design artefacts that shape thinking
- Partner with scrum teams to effectively deliver the needs of the product roadmap
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Consistently apply Toast’s UI patterns across all designs, contributing to its evolution
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 2+ years’ experience designing software or large scale, complex websites
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HCI, Human Factors, etc. preferred
- Passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products with a portfolio to prove it
- Expert in modern design tools (Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of user-centered design and mobile best practices
- Empathetic with a desire to continuously learn and evolve