Product Designer, 6 month contract at edX
You will be part of a talented cross functional team that is changing the way that learners and course administrators engage with online education around the world!
The Experience team within edX is growing! Our embedded Agile structure allows the group to influence and shape the user experience across the edX platform. In this role, you’ll partner closely with members of product design, product management, and engineering to improve how millions of learners interact with each other. We are also underway with building our design system for the future. From buttons to our more complex patterns, these efforts will enable our core product teams and in the future our large open source community.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to understand and capture the constraints and opportunities that inform your UX design
- Design low and medium concept flows to improve our platform for learners, content creators, or enterprise administrators
- Leverage our design system to produce select portions of your work in high fidelity to support translation to engineering
- Contribute back to the design system in Figma as needed when new component or iteration opportunities arise
- Capture the thinking and decisions behind your work while sharing early and often with the project and experience team members
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind your decisions
- Follow through in producing multiple iterations of your work to reach the best solution for the project
- Perform concept validation using User Zoom and other customer research tools
- Recent experience in a product design (UX/UI) role ~3+ years
- The desire to partner with a cross-functional team to reach great solutions
- Experience with delivering design work for Product Development in an Agile environment
- Communication skills (verbal and written) that build and foster collaborative relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- A keen eye for visual design, aesthetics, and detail
- Experience with designing within brand standards and design systems
- Experience with concept validation research and usability testing
- Ability and drive to successfully engage and self-manage work while operating within a team
- Passion for inspiring others in the org to engage with customers, design thinking and UX/UI best practices
Nice to Have
- High fidelity design capabilities
- Microcopy writing
- Discovery facilitation experience
- Moderated research chops
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, employment visa sponsorship is not available. We also accept applications from remote employees in the following US states: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT.