Learning Experience Designer
The Predictive Index is a technology company and the leader in talent optimization. We are also an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, DocuSign, and Nissan—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We’re looking for talented Learning Experience Designers to join our growing Digital Learning team. In this role, you’ll design, build, and evaluate digital learning resources for our partner network and clients with a focus on speed, flexibility, and collaboration. You’ll work closely with team members and leaders across business units to help them achieve their business goals.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Amplify the impact of our growing digital learning portfolio.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to design and develop engaging digital learning activities and compelling courses that enhance retention and knowledge transfer for our partners and clients.
- Identify target personas, develop course wireframes, establish storyboards, and define content development plans.
- Program and compile audio and visual assets to create training based on design documents and storyboards.
- Create quizzes, mini-games, and other meaningful interactions to engage learners and increase knowledge retention.
- Manage revisions, updates, and improvements to existing digital content.
- Analyze learning metrics to assess the effectiveness of digital learning solutions and make changes to keep up with the needs of the business.
- Develop trusting partnerships and work closely with internal and external stakeholders for successful digital learning implementations.
- Connect with Digital Learning professionals across the globe to stay current in educational best practices and bring new technologies to PI.
We are looking for people who:
- Thrive in agile, ship to learn, and growth team environments.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Have experience in instructional design and with instructional technology, including course development software and at least one Learning Management System.
- Are comfortable working across departments with subject matter experts and content owners to deliver innovative and interactive courses with a focus on the flow of content and defining the best medium for delivery.
- Are highly creative with a thorough understanding of content development tools and processes.
- Implement design thinking and empathy into the learning experience.
- Have a passion for crafting simple, intuitive, and delightful learning experiences.
- Can balance managing complex projects and deliver simple learning solutions.
- Are highly collaborative and open to multiple perspectives.
- Bring knowledge of modern learning models and adult learning theory.
- Think beyond traditional eLearning to make learning engaging, fun, and interactive.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree from an accredited college or university in eLearning Development / Instructional Design / Interactive Design / Digital Design or similar field.
- Experience developing training programs/curriculum for adult learners.
- Experience with Articulate or other eLearning tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Prior experience in project management related to training and e-Learning.
- Prior experience authoring, testing, and implementing e-Learning content.
- Basic understanding of learning theory and design.
- Good understanding of LMS administration (Docebo or similar).
- Good understanding of e-Learning authoring software (Captivate, Articulate or similar).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills in a tight-deadline environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new tools and techniques.
With these technical skills:
- Articulate 360 or a similar content authoring tool
- Vyond or a similar video creation software
- Wistia or similar video platform
- HTML5 & CSS a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite - with a focus on Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro
- WordPress or a similar blog creation site
Please be prepared to provide a portfolio that conveys your digital learning expertise.
The Predictive Index is primarily based in Westwood, MA, but this position also has the flexibility to work in a Boston-area office or remotely from anywhere in the US.
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
- Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
- Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
- Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
- Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
- Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
- Drive: Own it.
- Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.