Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
We’re looking for an amazing Lead Product Designer to join our product design team. If you genuinely love what you do, are driven and passionate, then we want to hear from you. As a Lead Designer you will be responsible for UX planning, strategy, research, and delivery for the product (or family of products) that you work on. You will interact with our most senior stakeholders.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Working within the product team to define the customer' and business problems
- Continuous researching, bringing forward new findings and learnings
- Wire-framing and validating the design solutions to prepare for development
- Running user testing workshops and guerrilla testing
- Designing beautiful, simple-to-use interfaces
- Participating in ongoing design reviews and iterations during the sprint
- Reviewing the performance of releases, identifying learnings and building hypotheses
- Contributing to the design system
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of experience in designing world-class commercial products
- Strong design skills across mobile and web platforms
- Strong UX focus and understanding of human behavior, with a Clean visual design sense
- Love of solving complex, challenging problems
- A constant learner and a desire to always be growing
Bonus ingredients* (Preferred skills)
- Some experience in programming and ability to code simple prototypes
- Strong experience in designing and maintaining cross-platform design systems
- Experience working in fast-paced environment
- Experience in leading a design team
*Bread puns encouraged but not required