Junior Visual Designer - Restaurants
TripAdvisor Restaurants provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We're looking for a Junior Visual Designer to help support our marketing team on B2B products and lifecycle campaigns. You will work on a range of projects that span print and digital experiences. We are looking for someone who has a true passion for, and understanding of, what drives restaurateur behaviors and can articulate their design decisions.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the restaurant team to maintain a consistent aesthetic across marketing materials including proposal templates, emails, digital ads, landing pages, social media images, infographics, videos and more
- Support the Restaurant Team with design production and localization efforts.
- Partner with the marketing team to refine project strategies and translate them into design solutions
- Working within CRM/email production processes and template based design systems
- Partner with and take direction from senior members of the Restaurants Team to translate business needs/goals into design solutions and business facing design deliverables.
- Support presentation/pitch deck needs across Restaurants
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and various other teams to generate concepts and bring them to life
Who we’re looking for
- 1-3 years experience in the creative field. Agency and in-house brand/marketing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or other related accreditation to an Arts College or University
- Capable of taking direction/feedback and translating it into final creative deliverables.
- A “do-er” that’s excited about working in a fast-paced environment with different disciplines
- Someone who’s curious about the restaurant industry and passion for food
- Experience with direct response campaigns, including but not limited to digital ads, email, social media
- Though not a copywriter, you should have perspective on integrating brand tone/voice into the work you create
- A self-starter who’s able to identify opportunities for improving processes and deliverables
- Someone who is on top of the latest design and technology trends
- Solid understanding of design principles and best practices, such as typography, color theory, layout, and information hierarchy
- MUST submit portfolio with at-least 4-5 examples of related work (link to online portfolio preferred)
- Proactive communicator.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Intermediate proficiency in Sketch and paired plugins (Zeplin and Craft)
- Intermediate proficiency in presentation/pitch software (Keynote, Powerpoint and Google Slides)
- Experience in a CMS environment, email best practices and rapid design/production methods
- Experience with prototyping software (Invision)
- Illustration chops a huge plus but not a requirement.
- Video and motion design abilities a plus
- Hand rendered skills (Sketching & paper prototyping)