About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process.
The Agency Design team is the digital agency (formerly known as LevelUp) inside of Grubhub, working closely with brands to create custom mobile and web experiences. As a junior designer you will be responsible for spearheading the process for our new white-label ordering and loyalty product – including styling websites and mobile apps with restaurant brand colors, fonts, iconography and images. Additionally, you will collaborate with other designers on custom branded experiences to create compelling launch assets.
This role requires a strong understanding of design principles and the ability to translate information into compelling visuals. As the only designer in this newly created role, you should consider yourself an independent (self-starter) who needs little explanation and guidance to jump into a project.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Translate a brand’s digital identity to the white label experiences we build and power for them.
- Desire to create new processes and collaborate with team members to improve the product.
- Own visual QA to ensure consistency with the product SDK.
- Ability to take on multiple projects at a time independently with a sharp attention to detail.
- Think strategically, brainstorms proactively, and is a natural problem solver.
- Comfortable receiving and iterating on feedback from design and other teams.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Stay on top of the latest standards and trends in the design field.
- Learn and use technical skills such as HTML and CSS.
You Should Have
- 1-2 years of practical experience creating high-end digital designs; we will consider recent graduates with strong portfolios and design understanding.
- Understanding of basic typography, color, usability and other design principles.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to discuss and present designs.
- Apply design understanding across multiple platforms and mediums.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines and receptive to feedback.
- Advanced use of design tools, including the Adobe Suite. HTML and CSS knowledge is a plus.
- Must include a portfolio displaying a strong understanding of design principles.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.