Simplisafe is looking for an Interaction Designer as we scale our Product Design team. In this role, you will help design our next generation of Simplisafe branded home security products. This role is a great opportunity to influence and contribute to a new Product Design team.
We are in the midst of an aggressive hiring plan to fill our needs as we prepare for our next steps as a company. The Product Design team is a primary focus and our Head of Product Design will be building his team from the ground up. As such, you will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact on Simplisafe’s product design and you will be in a great position to grow within the department as Simplisafe continues to expand.
Today, we are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever-growing IoT home automation security space, we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, we are expanding our Product Design team to produce the most cutting-edge designs on the market for our future products.
What you’ll do:
- Translate user insights into digital and physical experiences
- Build quick prototypes for screens or products to test with users
- Collaborate with design team and other multidisciplinary teams throughout design process
- Tackle complex needs and transform them into easy-to-use, intuitive designs for Simplisafe customers
- Design new-to-the-world interactive experiences
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong Portfolio and elevated sense of design
- Prototyping: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process, and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have hands on experience in creating low and high fidelity prototypes, at speed
- Systems thinking: You love complex questions and use your work to communicate that complexity in simple ways
- Team Skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of deliverables
- Openness: Designers need to be flexible and open-minded. You are optimistic, generative, and open to new ideas and ways of working
- Human-centered: You can articulate a human-centered approach to design and are comfortable going out into the world for inspiration. You understand basic human-centered design philosophy, embrace ambiguity, and want to continually evolve design methodologies
- 2-4 years of interaction design experience in a design studio or creative consultancy
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, New Media, HCI, or other relevant degree
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic and interactive prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Framer, etc. AfterEffects
- Experience in AR/VR is a plus
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurens in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings – We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesn’t like free food and drinks?!