HubSpot is the world’s leading inbound marketing and sales platform. Over 19,000 customers in more than 90 countries use HubSpot’s software, services, and support to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers.
Through its unique approach to company culture, HubSpot has also redefined how people work and live. Our commitment to autonomy, flexibility, and transparency prompted the creation of our Culture Code, which has gone viral, amassing more than 2M views. Ensuring that our customers and employees are continually growing and learning has helped make HubSpot a Best Place to Work in the eyes of Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc. The Boston Globe, and the Boston Business Journal.
This is an exciting new role on the Learning & Development team. You will have the opportunity to seek out organizational challenges and recommend innovative ways to solve them as well as influencing the direction of our programming globally. As an Instructional Designer in L&D, you will determine, design, and implement the best ways for our employees to learn new skills and knowledge. You will be tasked to build upon our strong classroom training and video-based learning foundation by thinking differently and adding a sense of variety and fun to our offerings. A large part of this role will be deciding how and when to use technology to enhance the learning experience.
The instructional designer will join our content development team within L&D as well as partner with new hire and role specific training program leads. You will also be a resource to our business partners in helping them address training needs across the company.
In this role you will:
- Help our learning teams create a vision for blending and social learning that supports the mission of empowering employees to learn wherever and whenever they want to.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and knowledge transfer
- Work with subject matter experts to create and develop learning content
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Work with business partners to identify target audience’s training needs
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
Our ideal candidate has:
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Strong organizational skills, with experience juggling multiple deadlines, quick turnarounds and working in a fast-paced environment
- Competence with HTML/CSS and Articulate Storyline 2 (or a similar authoring tool)
- Solid knowledge of course development software overall and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Bonus if you have a BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar although not required