About VMware Carbon Black
VMware Carbon Black is a leader in cloud-native endpoint protection dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyberattacks. The VMware Carbon Black Cloud consolidates endpoint protection and IT operations into an endpoint protection platform (EPP) that prevents advanced threats, provides actionable insight and enables businesses of all sizes to simplify operations. By analyzing billions of security events per day across the globe, VMware Carbon Black has key insights into attackers’ behaviors, enabling customers to detect, respond to and stop emerging attacks.
More than 6,000 global customers, including approximately one third of the Fortune 100, trust VMware Carbon Black to protect their organizations from cyberattacks. The company’s partner ecosystem features more than 500 MSSPs, VARs, distributors and technology integrations, as well as many of the world’s leading IR firms, who use VMware Carbon Black’s technology in more than 500 breach investigations per year.
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for developing content for a variety of delivery platforms while applying adult learning concepts. This means demonstrating efficiency through analysis of customers' needs, partnering with subject matter experts, developing courses that cater to all levels of the sales force, measuring the effectiveness and managing new and ongoing projects. Also, the ideal candidate will excel in analyzing and evaluating learning solutions, can complete needs assessments and determine successful solutions.
- Curriculum and course development for VMware Carbon Black Sales Teams
- Ability to translate business strategy into the most appropriate learning solution including workflows, simulations, websites, instructor-led virtual and classroom training, videos, and performance support tools
- developing curriculum using multiple synchronous and asynchronous training modalities including instructor-led, micro-learning, blended learning and virtual training material
- Plans and designs the content and organization of training programs
- Design, develop, create and maintain learning assets/course material for sales, partners with internal and external teams, subject matter experts, instructional designers, and departmental training resources to perform an effective needs analysis and develop blended learning programs.
- Develop ideas and concepts to translate topics into engaging and accessible online content through UI interfaces, graphics, illustrations, animations and/or simulations for e-learning courseware and classroom presentations
- Design, develop and support our learning platforms
- Responsible for providing input to the systems architecture
- Measure performance of materials and systems
- Serve as a resource and expert for graphic design and multimedia development
- Partners with vendors in the delivery of content, integration of systems, and provide support for associates
- 2-3 years experience in instructional design or online teaching.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, Adobe Suite and Camtasia.
- Experience with adult learning, ADDIE and Kirkpatrick evaluation models
- Demonstrated evidence of detail-orientation and sales training orientation
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Graphic and Web Design are pluses
- Bachelors Degree Required
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Enablement
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-01-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.