Instructional Designer (E-Learning)
The Instructional Designer will generate client-facing eLearning for our web-based SaaS applications. Deliverables include videos and eLearning interactions. The Instructional Designer is enthusiastic about helping clients build confidence using our products for critical event management. This position is based out of our Burlington, MA office.
About the Team:
- The Instructional Designer will collaborate with other curriculum professionals on the Customer Learning team to meet client learning needs. This position reports to the Director of Customer Learning.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here .
- Meet the Everbridge team here.
- Design and deliver engaging eLearning that motivates learners and promotes user confidence with Everbridge products.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Work well with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s learning needs
- Collaborate with members of the Customer Learning team on training and documentation
- Develop and maintain the skills and competencies needed to expertly use Everbridge products.
- Adapt to organizational change due to rapid growth and expanding use cases for a SaaS product with monthly releases.
- Own their personal onboarding and continued understanding of Everbridge products and clients to support the rapid development of training deliverables assigned within an agile department.
- 2+ years of experience as an Instructional Designer, ELearning Specialist or equivalent
- Ability to write effective instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts to create easy-to-consume content that promotes product usage and adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to relay technically-oriented information in a consumable way to support diverse client learning needs.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency in Articulate 360, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and Audition
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Course, module, lesson, and curriculum planning skills
- Solid knowledge in at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and ability to storyboard
- The ideal candidate for this role has software training deliverable experience.
- Experience with learning management systems
- Familiarity with Everbridge solutions and use cases is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Multimedia, Marketing, or related field.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.