Head of UX
Think you can build the user experience that defines your category? Do you look at complex business interfaces and can’t help but think how you would make them easier to understand, more insightful, and be able to prove it with analytics? If this is you, we’d like to talk.
Over the past four years, Appcast has developed technology (think ad tech for jobs) that has become mission critical to the largest, most innovative recruitment advertisers. 2.5 billion job ads optimized. 650 million applies. We’ve got scale. And we’ve got problems that come with rapid growth in a new market. Our interfaces can be complex. We’re not super consistent. What worked for our first 1,000 customers isn’t going to work for the next 10,000.
Our CTO and Head of Product are looking for a peer – a person who can understand customer needs and translate them through conversation (and debate!), specs/wireframes, prototypes, and front-end code into online experiences that are self-explanatory, visually stunning, and consistent.
What you will do
- Own the user experience of our products
- Improve usability and design of existing products
- Develop strategies to harness our massive data set to help our clients make better decisions.
- Work with business team to develop long term UX/UI strategy
- Work with internal partners and clients/prospects to identify needs
- Work closely with development team to turn UX/UI ideas into reality – hands on!
- Work on company UI/UX guidelines and standards, make sure that everyone follows the standards
Knowledge, skills, experience
- 5+ years working as a professional UI/UX Product Designer
- Apply a design thinking approach in creating design solutions that address both business and user needs
- Deep knowledge of UCD processes, methodology and design principles
- High-proficiency with contemporary tools for producing specifications, flow diagrams and functional prototypes
- Understanding of information architecture, information design, intuitive design, easy-to-use
- Manage, build and coach a talented team to deliver on the vision and standards and to be strong collaborators and facilitators
- Develop team members to reach their full potential - understand their goals and needs, partner in their development, provide advice, feedback, training and advocacy
- Manage resourcing for product roadmap that aligns with business needs
- Strong listening, organization, and communication skills. English is a must – Russian is nice to have, as our development group is in Minsk.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies