eLearning Content Design
About the Role
Wayfair is looking for a partner to help drive the continued growth of our Learning & Development function. This role will focus on building our team's capability to rapidly curate scalable e-learnings, synchronous remote learning methodologies, and blended learning environments.
About the Team
Learning & Development is the ultimate cross-functional team. Every day we work with key stakeholders across the organization to develop our people, drive impact, and help Wayfair remain a leader in e-commerce. We are the ambassadors of Wayfair’s culture, which prides itself on transparency, collaboration, innovation, and critical thinking. We focus on guiding Wayfair team members to become the best versions of themselves by developing their skills, guiding them on how to increase their impact, and building lifelong relationships.
You’re a capable self-starter who’s ready to roll up your sleeves and deliver best in class eLearnings. You are also a collaborative team player who supports the overall growth of L&D. You not only have a passion for learning and supporting others development, you are also an eager learner ready to support your team members.
- Design and develop digital materials (virtual trainings, interactive e-learnings, self-paced learnings, micro-learnings, videos, podcasts, etc.)
- Willing to deliver engaging trainings in virtual and blended learning environments
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the business to develop specific digital content
- Develop internal marketing materials to drive adoption of digital learning
- Create internal processes and templates to minimize future content development time
- Manage and update existing content to ensure it remains relevant
- Use data and analytics to understand learner behavior and drive continuous improvement in the learning solutions
Your skills and experience
Here are some of your traits and skills:
- 2+ years’ experience using instructional design to develop engaging eLearning and blended learning environments and the portfolio to match this experience
- Experience using eLearning tools such as Adobe Connect, Captivate, Camtasia and Storyline
- Creative and design-saavy
- Ability to quickly build relationships and gain trust in virtual environments
- Strong communicator and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of strong program or project management
- Flexible and quick on your feet and able to leverage data to make rapid decisions
- Training design and adult learning (e.g., ADDIE Model, SAM, Design Thinking, Kirkpatrick Model, Bloom’s Taxonomy) knowledge is a plus
- Experience using the LMS, Cornerstone, is a plus
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.