Director of User Experience at edX
Check out a video with a Sr. UX Practitioner on the Experience team here.
Our Director of Experience is responsible and accountable for the end to end customer experience of our edX products and define the UX vision and strategy across the company. This person will focus on ensuring great experiences through design and design thinking across all customer touch points. This person will connect the business, to the product, to the user experience while working collaboratively to deliver results.Specifics
- Work with product delivery teams to define and execute on the end-to-end customer experience at both the macro and micro interaction level because the details matter
- Define critical KPIs, metrics, and business outcomes that deliver an ROI to the organization and communicate them effectively
- Organize the skill sets that produce the UX and the interactions with other groups to demonstrate and execute great design
- Infuse the culture with a design thinking mindset—a creative approach to solving business, product, and user problems
- Create an environment that encourages full exploration of a problem space and employs design reasoning to take broad views and frame novel approaches to drive a hypothesis-driven discovery process
- Nurture a research-based approach that enables teams to quickly and deeply understand customers and the things they care about
- Use those insights and a strong framework for testing, experimenting, and learning to devise a customer-centric POV that can fuel and propel product vision and strategy
- Resolve complexities and paradoxes within the customer problem space to design meaningful, delightful, and inspiring solutions
- Leads well and effectively: has a focused vision, motivates the team and identifies high value projects
- Presents ongoing work and results to internal teams and executives
- Articulates the UX design rationale. Works as a creative partner with brand marketing
- Demonstrated mastery working with design thinking frameworks, with a particular focus on its application to Agile delivery methods
- Delivers evocative and compelling written and oral communications; the ability to present and explain UX directions to a broad audience, and to contribute effectively during all phases of an interactive project
- Ability to leverage analytics and user testing to inform the creative process
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines with designers, developers, writers, and creative technologists, as well as with business and product managers.
- Defines and champions design methods used to inform product development using the agile process.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in Information Architecture/User Experience Design for a high-quality web or mobile app
- 5+ years as manager of small to medium size multi-disciplinary teams
- Fluent in analytics, usability tests, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative feedback, multidisciplinary educational backgrounds such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, commerce/business Library Science, Human-Computer Interaction or another related discipline
- A strong body of work that shows your UX track record of high-quality solutions that address user problems and business goals
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience working within agile development methodologies
- Strong ability to collaborate with technical teams to ensure designs work in enterprise frameworks
- Familiarity with user experience patterns across iOS and Android platforms, and responsive frameworks
- Deeply curious, empathetic, and passionate about uncovering user insights with a relentless desire for innovation
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.