Director of Product Design
Do you want to be part of a growing dynamic team that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry? If so, you are a Toaster.
Toast has built a powerful and easy to use Android tablet based Point of Sale and restaurant platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We have a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about how to help our customers grow their business, and how to provide a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best designs and products to our users. The UX team works hand in hand with the Product and Engineering teams to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch.
On the UX team, you will interface with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Account Management and Customer Support to build and shape innovative products. You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers and employees) directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
We are looking for a passionate and proven leader to manage, grow, and mentor a team of UX designers, architects & visual designers. Someone who can inspire and motivate members of the team to constantly improve our user experience and design.
- Oversee and provide thought leadership in the development of product focused UX: usefulness, usability, IA, user journeys, edge casing, visual design, and branding
- Inspire a team of UX Designers and manage their career growth and trajectory
- Lead the effort to update Toast UI throughout multiple product lines
- Influence and compellingly communicate Toast’s UX vision to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Define and integrate best practices and standards related to UX / IA across Toast products
- Collaborate with product and technology teams to create and develop new business opportunities through thoughtful UX and IA
- Evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Articulate business case for design improvements, and measure/quantify success
- Recruit, nurture and retain best-in-class talent
- Work alongside team in documenting designs, workflows, site architectures, interaction, user journeys, sitemaps, process/screen flows, and wireframes
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in product design, UX strategy, experience/interaction design, and visual design
- 5+ years building and leading high performing user-centered design teams
- A strong passion for managing and mentoring designers
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, PhotoShop, Illustrator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry preferred