Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a results-driven designer who can deliver beautiful, on-brand campaigns to meet our aggressive growth goals. This role requires collaboration with the marketing and growth teams to build and iterate on campaign assets in a fast-paced environment. As part of the marketing team, you’ll also work on designing brand assets across different touchpoints of the customer journey.
- An integral part of our growth marketing initiatives, this role is responsible for executing the designs for our marketing campaigns
- Develop new creative assets to create a consistent customer experience across all touchpoints including app store presence, landing pages, emails, social media campaigns, in-app messages and website pages
- Collaborate with the growth team to concept, iterate and deliver channel-specific assets including still imagery, illustrations, animations and video
- Expand the team’s knowledge of design strategies and techniques to make the company smarter about design
- Work with our internal design team and external creative agencies when needed
- Create assets for key business activities including the blog, organic social media channels, and media placements
- Be a resource to the organization for design needs
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of design experience, preferably with experience with a consumer mobile app brand
- Strong concept and design skills for call to action campaigns with a thorough understanding of layout, image selection, type and color that result in a conversion
- Ability to adhere to brand identities and develop new campaign standards across campaigns
- Knowledge around best practices in designing creatives for Facebook, Snapchat and other paid social channels
- Experience using graphic design software packages such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Basic knowledge of animation software such as After Effects and/or video software such as Final Cut Pro
- Basic experience with design languages such as HTML and CSS
- Self-starter mentality that makes you proactive to take on new ideas and motivated to see them through to completion
- Adaptable and humble in your designs and excited to work in a flexible, iterative and fast-paced environment
- Good balance of autonomy and collaboration
- Verbal communication skills that enable you to effectively communicate campaign ideas and design decisions with the rest of the team
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience working in creative brief documents with marketers and vendors
If you’re excited to flex your creativity to concept fun campaigns, curious about what drives customer behavior, and driven to test new ideas with a fast-paced team to drive results - we encourage you to apply!
Send us your resume and portfolio with the position title in the subject. Send your information to our jobs email: [email protected]
About Lose It!
Lose It! is a leading consumer software company based in the heart of Boston. Our app and online platforms have helped people get healthier and lose over 75 million pounds worldwide, through calorie tracking and social support. With a top grossing Health & Fitness app in both the iOS and Android app stores and millions of members returning to use the app each week, we're proud of the impact that we've had and are passionate about mobilizing the world to achieve a healthy weight.
Along with our core program, we’re excited to have recently launched our newest product, embodyDNA. With embodyDNA, members can submit a DNA sample and get helpful weight loss insights based on their unique traits.
We’re a small, fast-paced team that loves trying new things. It’s okay to make mistakes; failure is essential to innovation. This mindset makes us a great fit for growth-minded individuals who value lifetime learning and thrive in iterative work environments.
At the core of our mission, benefits, and mindset, we are here to help our customers. If you’re ready to create great products with a real impact on real people, we’re the company for you.
Why work at Lose It!
If you picture yourself working on solving one of the world’s biggest issues with a smart team, then heading out for apps and drinks with your peers, we’re the company for you! Join our creative, fun, fast-moving company that values learning over perfection and provides opportunities to advance your skills.
Compelling markets and technology:
Lose It! is at the forefront of health and fitness, corporate wellness, machine learning, nutrigenomics and mobile and cloud computing.
A track record of success:
Our founders are seasoned startup professionals; they've taken a company public, sold companies to Macromedia and Microsoft, and raised capital from firms ranging from General Catalyst to Polaris to United Healthcare's Innovation Group.
Small team, deep and interesting challenges:
We may be a small team (under 50 people total), but we're always pushing the limits of current knowledge. The problems we solve are deep, complex and fascinating.
Professional growth opportunities:
We encourage continuous learning through sponsoring employees to attend conferences and seminars to network, expand their knowledge and build their skillset. We also incorporate team building exercises, brainstorming sessions, and retreats to optimize how we work together as a team.
We have fun:
We have a genuine camaraderie that makes us look forward to coming to work every day. (Our other perks and benefits don't hurt either.)
Perks & Benefits
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Flexible hours
- Open vacation policy
- Profit sharing
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Premiums are paid for by Lose It!
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k plan
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches and happy hours
- Weekly organic fruit delivery
- Frequent company outings and trips
- Great collective beer knowledge