Design Technologist (Needham)
Are you a front-end engineer who is passionate about creating amazing, user-centric designs? Are you a designer who loves to make your ideas come to life through code? Help us redefine how our Travelers experience the world.
We are looking for a talented design technologist who is versatile, creative, and a self starter. You will be responsible for the rapid development of prototypes to explore new mobile and web product ideas.
We build fundamental experiences for all users of TripAdvisor. Those users are looking for guidance and advice of all types, and across all parts of the travel planning and in-destination experience. Their aims span the aspirational: "show me anywhere in the world, I just want a life-changing experience", to the task-oriented: "help me plan the best possible trip to Belize, I love diving!", to the here-and-now: "I'm going to Chicago for a wedding next week, what's good this time of year?"
We move quickly, we iterate constantly, and we're not afraid of setting big goals for ourselves. We value inclusion, we celebrate diversity, and we encourage giving. We believe and show with everything we do that we're better together.
- A great team of some of the most talented, most giving engineers and designers you'll ever work with
- Some really cool challenges that we'd love you to tackle with us
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- A passion to make an impact
- A portfolio of prototypes
- Hands-on experience developing with web and/or mobile technologies
- Hands-on experience developing with rapid prototyping software like Origami
- Hands-on experience editing with design tools like Sketch
- Strong communication skills
Responsibilities of this role:
- Work with the design and engineering teams to quickly deliver prototypes
- Help to improve design iteration cycle time
- Help represent and explain engineering considerations to product and design teams.