Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable diseases in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
We are looking for an experienced Creative Director with a proven track record of bringing consumer brands to life. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will build and mentor a small in-house team partnering across the business to help achieve our creative goals. In this capacity, you will complement our marketing team and key partners, leading in-house creative efforts serving the needs of our customer acquisition, distribution, retention marketing, brand, PR, social media, and content marketing. The role requires someone who can partner with both creatives and cross-functional leaders, is interested in both an online and an offline brand experience, and is a strong manager-doer.
- Serve as the creative leader for Embark, refining our brand and bringing it to life through a broad range of touchpoints to build awareness, engagement, and preference for Embark.
- Build and mentor a high-performing in-house creative team to meet the needs of the Embark organization.
- Provide leadership for the ongoing interpretation and evolution of our brand standards across the business including our website, physical product, our online results, and our lifecycle messaging.
- Concept and direct multimedia work including email templates, banner ads, digital videos, offline collateral, content marketing design assets, and social media posts
- Analyze performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights!), and use that information to guide creative decisions.
- Lead an effort with UX design to evolve overall site branding and where visual design/messaging support is required to evolve specific elements of our site experience
- Develop, implement and evolve processes to ensure that creative deliverables are prioritized appropriately and delivered on time, on strategy and on budget
- 8+ years in a creative role, with at least 5 years of experience managing design and copy professionals. Visual design roots, physical product design, and some video production experience preferred preferably for an e-commerce brand.
- Highly collaborative and able to partner with and support the needs of a range of internal stakeholders
- Experience building out and mentoring a high-performance team
- Love of design; you stay current and ahead of the latest design trends and digital advancements
- Experience with and appreciation for rigorously testing & optimizing creative to deliver performance
- Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written)
- Deadline-driven, results-oriented and able to prioritize competing demands for multiple internal stakeholders
- Low-ego and an ability to inspire great work from your team, whether designing a marketing campaign or a PowerPoint template
- Experience developing global campaigns and efficiently/effectively localizing creatives
- Previous client-side experience strongly preferred
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required. We would love to see:
- Insight-driven conceptual work.
- Projects for unexpected channels (ambient, experiential, out-of-the-home – all great!).
- Successful creative that influenced a positive change in customer behavior.
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.