Creative Director at ezCater (Greater Boston Area, MA)
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for a rockstar Creative Director who can elevate our marketing materials from functional to inspirational, all the while maintaining a consistent brand voice and style. We want our ads, emails, videos, print materials, and web content to make an emotional connection with our audience, even as they do a better job of driving people to action. Additionally, we need a leader who can build the team and processes to support a hyper-growth marketing engine.
Can you use language to connect with people and deliver meaning? Can you express more with fewer, more powerful words than run of the mill copy? Do you know how to convey a feeling or concept through visual media? Can you lead a creative team who experiments with what’s possible while maintaining a consistent brand voice and style? If your answers are yes, then we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Deliver compelling creative across a wide range of media. From digital (banner ads, emails, video) to print (collateral, magazine ads, direct mail), you’ll produce creative that wins peoples’ hearts even as it convinces their minds.
- Drive a consistent brand voice, tone, and standard of excellence for creative across the marketing department and the company. You’ll help elevate our use of language and evolve communications guidelines that are true to our culture and help us deliver the highest quality at scale.
- Build a world class in-house team and a stable of external resources to meet our ever-increasing creative demands.
- Have 7+ years of experience producing blow-away creative across multiple media and building teams to do so at scale.
- Write exceptionally well, whether in a five-word ad, a short direct mail piece, or a multi-page piece of collateral.
- Understand how to use visual design to support a message and build brand recognition and recall.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Love language and know how to use it to express both the practical and the emotional. Be able to go beyond personal style preferences to do what resonates best with the audience.
- Know how to “just figure things out” and invent whatever idea or approach could accomplish our objectives.
- Be kind, adaptable, and intellectually curious.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
Please include a portfolio and a cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for ezCater and why ezCater is a great fit for you.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.