The CAD Designer will play a critical role in helping us create and maintain our project construction documentation and designs. Starting with system concepts all the way through detailed designs, coordinating with internal system teams as well as external architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical teams including client personnel. Experience in Revit is required for developing design deliverables. Project sizes will vary and consist solely of the layout and installation of Alerts systems for a variety of clients in a variety of locations. Installations may include retrofit of existing, additions to or completely new facilities designed around the Alert system.
What Will You Love?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization
- Working alongside a passionate, diverse, first class engineering team that is rapidly expanding
- Participating in all aspects of the creation process and getting to work on a broad set of different projects
- Alert's team-oriented environment where everyone pulls together to get the job done and then celebrates in shared success
- Opportunities to broaden your skill set both by working alongside more experienced engineers and by being challenged with a varied set of projects as the company rapidly expands their portfolio
- Helping to create a product that will directly improve peoples lives
What Will You Do?
- Developing system layouts in Autodesk Revit for new or upgraded installations of Alert Innovation's automation system within client facilities.
- Writing narratives that describe portions of the systems that may include user requirements specifications and sequences of operation.
- Developing parametric Revit families based on Alerts various system components.
- Working with other disciplines, departments and teams to ensure systems are fully defined, understood and coordinated.
- Creating system design drawings in Autodesk Revit from concept through detailed design.
- Support the creation and maintenance of Bills of Materials for site specific configurations.
- Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, providing design support, and making occasional field visits to verify construction of scope is proceeding per the intent of the design
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Autodesk Revit to generate design and construction documents including layouts, material takeoff, schedules.
- Knowledge of construction field, reading blueprints and architectural drawings preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems, communicate effectively to all key personnel, manage time efficiently and produce correct design within budgeted time.
- Someone who can travel within the USA and internationally < 10%, typically to customer or supplier sites.
- Someone with the willingness to learn and share knowledge with other members of the design team in order to continually raise the level of expertise and maintain awareness with team members and Alert customers.
- Working knowledge of relevant domestic and international design standards and regulations preferred
- Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks is a must.
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution.
- All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based. As part of our Power of Truth value we practice salary transparency, so you know you are being compensated fairly relative to other team members performing similar roles in our organization.
Every employee is granted stock options which vest over four years. We have 31 issued or pending patents on our groundbreaking technology. A leading retail equity analyst at Jefferies recently published that “we view Alert Innovation’s fulfillment technology as the most diverse and comprehensive. In addition, its developing the Novastore concept could be a winning long-term format.”
We offer full time employees a generous benefits package starting with your date of hire.
PAID TIME OFF
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your team’s workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO and PPO options.
- Health Reimbursement plan where Alert Innovation reimburses you for deductible related expenses ($1,000 for individuals, $2,500 for families).
- Dental insurance thru Delta Dental of MA.
- Vision Plan thru VSP.
- Flexible Spending Account to enable you to pay health care and dependent care costs on a pre-tax basis.
- Group Term Life Insurance at no cost to you, equal to three times your annual salary.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance at no cost to you, equal to three times your annual salary.
- Short Term Disability Income Protection at no cost to you, equal to 70% of your weekly salary for up to 13 weeks.
- Long Term Disability Income Protection at no cost to you, equal to 66.67% of your monthly earnings.
- 401k Plan administered by Fidelity to enable you to save using pre-tax dollars.
- 100% of cost of training for your current or near-term work needs including conferences and technical events.
- 50% reimbursement of tuition for programs aligned with career development goals including MBA and master’s from top schools (online via Coursera).
- 50% reimbursement of Nano Degrees (online via Udacity).
- Earn a Bachelor’s or Associates college degree from a fully accredited undergraduate program for only $5,000/year through our College For America benefit with Southern New Hampshire University.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.