Associate Director of Product Design (Consumer)
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way that restaurants do business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing features, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to tackle meaningful projects that will help shape our company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Looking to join a fast-growing company on a talented team that’s changing the future of restaurant experiences? If so, that’s Toast.
As the Associate Director of Product Design, you’ll inspire and delight others with powerful visual storytelling that showcases the evolution of our brand across our ecosystem of products, but you won’t stop there. You’re right for this role if you love to roll up your sleeves and lead the development of the design systems that enable product designers and engineers alike; if you love all aspects of design, and are deeply passionate about well-crafted visual experiences; if you live in the intersection of form and function, always keeping a user first mindset; and if you can’t wait to coach our talented UX team.
What you will do:
- Lead and mentor a growing team of talented product designers, providing mentorship to broaden their skills and support their career growth, conducting performance reviews, critiquing design work, and recruiting top talent
- Nurture, develop and own the evolution of our design systems, collaborating cross-functionally to define and implement
- Partner with Marketing to ensure brand cohesion across all customer touchpoints
- Champion and drive high-quality user experiences across Toast’s ecosystem
- Actively participate, and occasionally lead, initial phases of strategic initiatives
- Proactively identify and contribute ideas as a catalyst for driving positive change
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 10+ years’ experience delivering high quality products repeatedly with 3+ years’ experience in building and coaching teams for high impact results
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in Art, Graphic Design, HCI, etc.
- Real passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design and mobile best practices
- Innovative thinking, empathy, and a desire to continuously learn and evolve