Technical Writer/Content Specialist
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to help produce Administrative, API, and End-User documentation for the next generation applications of our unified communication platform. We are looking for individuals who have a natural love and appreciation for translating complex concepts into straight-forward, easy to understand instructional documentation. You will work with customers, field teams and engineering to create in-depth guides, how-to documentation, network design, and API content.
What you'll do:
A Technical Writer at Fuze authors, edits, and curates high-quality documentation to educate and inform our user base. Technical documentation can exist in many forms, from long-form administrative guides, to release notes, to end-user Help articles, to API documentation, and even UX writing within the Fuze product portfolio. Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with your team, product management, marketing, support, engineering, and user experience to create documentation that satisfies the needs of our users in a voice that represents Fuze.
- Develop, grow, and maintain our library of API content.
- Organize and write guides and help articles for existing and new products, updating them as necessary to include coverage of product improvements.
- Provide feedback to engineering and UX on usability, language, grammar, and text within the product’s user interfaces.
- Ensure the standardization of content across platforms and media.
- Contribute to review and maintenance efforts for translated content.
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and product managers.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
Who you are and what you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Software Engineering, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in technical writing and/or software documentation
- At least 1 year’s experience writing developer and/or API documentation
- Demonstrated ability to deliver thorough, high quality documentation, on time, that exhibits strong attention to detail (samples required)
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts quickly, and make them easily understandable
- Excellent written skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to self-edit
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office products
- Technical Writing and/or API Writing certifications
- Experience with CCMS or Help Authoring tools such as Madcap Flare, Paligo, etc
- Experience with Swagger or other API tools
- Web design background
- Experience with content translation workflows
- Working experience in telephony and/or networking technologies