Technical Writer at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Tech Writer is responsible for being a subject matter expert on Toast’s custom hardware. With this knowledge, they are required to prepare standard documentation which our Customer Success (CS) team will use to help better troubleshoot issues in the field. In addition, this person(s) will work closely with the Quality Technicians and Engineers to stay updated on the latest changes/issues in the hardware/software domain. The individual(s) we are looking for must be in good standing with Toast, their current team, and their leadership.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Create and adhere to process documentation - written and image-based.
- Ability to communicate software, hardware, and electrical failure modes, how they are perceived by customers.
- Manage and maintain process documentation as failure modes become understood and resolution modes more robust.
- Working with Quality and Engineering teams to gather pertinent information for real-time resolution and process documentation.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest reader comprehension
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions
- Review and/or edit content developed by other members of the teamAbility to implement revision control procedures
- Troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills
- Understanding of Toast products
- Ability to navigate Toast’s various business functions to communicate issues most efficiently
- Comfortable working having multiple tasks at the same and being able to prioritize tasks
- Basic understanding of software, mechanical and electrical properties
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.