Technical Publications Lead
Come join the LevelUp team in Boston to help build the next-generation growth engine for restaurants, connecting restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. And now as part of the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, LevelUp—together with Grubhub—is on the front lines creating an even more complete solution for restaurants.
We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth, and empowers our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun, eat tons of food and win the Boston Business Journal’s #1 Best Place to Work Award (which we did twice!) along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to solve exciting new problems with - look no further!
The In-store Engineering team is responsible for building and deploying mobile payments, loyalty and rewards to LevelUp users by seamlessly integrating LevelUp mobile apps with merchant point-of-sale (POS) systems. The Technical Publications Lead is a pivotal role on the In-store Engineering team.
As the Technical Publications Lead, you're responsible for all public-facing technical documentation and materials published by In-store Engineering, including detailed installation and configuration guides for all the POS integration software we build and maintain. You're not just a talented creative writer with fresh ideas about how to communicate technical details; you're also a strategic thinker and planner. Expect to define the strategy for how we communicate with our external technology partners and clients to keep them updated on important technical topics.
You will report to the Director of In-store Engineering and get to work closely with a diverse team of software developers, IT professionals, and account managers whose clients are the primary consumer of the technical materials you create and publish.
- Write, edit, manage and produce comprehensive technical guides and manuals from raw technical details.
- Develop documentation guidelines and best practices to ensure consistency throughout all public-facing technical content.
- Ensure all technical publications are well organized and easily accessible to external partners and clients.
- Continually improve technical content by using feedback from customers to drive positive change.
- Develop a long-term communication strategy for important technical topics related to POS integrations.
- 5+ years of experience writing, editing, and publishing technical content
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Prior experience creating documentation covering software installation, configuration, and usage
- Experience building and leading technical documentation teams preferred
- Impeccable written and spoken English communication skills
- Provide samples of writing or digital content you've created
Benefits & Perks
- Free catered lunches from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem plus LevelUp credit to spend wherever we are accepted
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever suits your fancy and a snack closet that’s constantly stocked with a variety of snacks ranging from super healthy protein bars to a delicious bag of greasy chips
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and a Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with strong company match and a wide variety of investment options
- Flexible Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Charitable Matching Program
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, karaoke, and game nights
- Company-wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning, and cross-department connections
- Casual office environment where jeans and flip flops are acceptable. #NoSuitsConvenient access to the MBTA via red, green, orange line & Commuter Rail (Downtown Crossing Station, Park Street & South Station are a few blocks away)
LevelUp, a Grubhub Company, connects restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. LevelUp brings its technology to market in multiple ways: embedded into partner restaurant apps to provide a full-stack customer engagement solution; via an open developer platform that powers over 200 mobile apps; and through the LevelUp partner distribution channels, which lets consumers order ahead and avoid the line at their favorite lunch spots using the apps already on their phone.
Based in Boston, LevelUp is a part of Grubhub’s portfolio of brands and powers the mobile experiences for top brands like Chase Pay, Pret A Manger, Potbelly, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Steak ‘N Shake, Dunn Bros Coffee, Argo Tea and sweetgreen.
LevelUp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.