Technical Document Writer at Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is looking for a Technical Writer with exceptional writing and editing skills and a keen eye for detail. This role will develop and maintain developer-facing documentation that is used by game companies both big and small. You will handle all aspects of producing documentation including writing, proofreading, editing, and managing localization efforts.
- Produce and maintain documentation for software developers
- Proofread and edit existing documentation
- Take documentation from developers and turn it into clear, complete and concise user documentation
- Direct localization efforts and deployments
- Monitor and respond to reported documentation issues
- Identify gaps in documentation and work with others to close those gaps
- Experience as a professional writer and/or editor
- Experience developing, using and adhering to style guides
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to write easy-to-follow instructions
- Thorough with an attention to detail
- Knowledge of MadCap Flare
- An understanding of middleware development and/or use
- Programming experience
- A passion for games and/or real-time communications
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.