Sr. Technical Writer at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over $18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
The Product team at Abacus is looking to bring on an early member of the Technical Writing Team. In this role of Sr. Technical Writer we are looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative and agile environment. Our Technical Writing team plays a critical role in the overall success of the Abacus platform and adoption. This team and you will be responsible for documentation on implementation and configuration guides for our customers, FAQs both internally and externally, processes improvements, and helping to solve the health data issue Abacus is solving today.
- Work to attain a deep knowledge of functionality.
- Interview subject matter experts, including product managers, product owners, and developers.
- Take online training.
- Read existing technical documentation and business documentation.
- Work collaboratively with the product team and other subject matter experts weekly to document functionality changes for monthly releases.
- Document functionality in Confluence and MadCap Flare or Adobe FrameMaker.
- Take screenshots in SnagIt.
- Communicate regularly with SMEs to confirm accuracy of content.
- Use Jira to track functionality changes.
- Create technical documentation that is clear, simple, and accurate
- Be able to work on multiple tasks and projects at given times
- Want to learn and ask questions
- Consistently meet deadlines that are critical to launches.
- Build strong relationships across the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- 5 years of professional experience authoring process documentation or online help
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills, including group presentation and relationship development skills
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Experience documenting APIs
- Experience in an Agile development environment preferred
- Advanced user of MadCap Flare, Adobe FrameMaker, or similar authoring tool preferred
- Intermediate user of SnagIt, Photoshop, or similar graphics tool preferred
- Working knowledge of cascading style sheets (.css files) preferred
- Working knowledge of Bugzilla, Jira, or similar bug tracking tool preferred
- Working knowledge of Perforce, SourceSafe, or similar source control tool preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
- Proficiency in additional support tools: Zoom, SharePoint, and Confluence preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.