Senior Training Content Engineer at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:31 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing so you can build anything you imagine. As the fastest-growing additive manufacturing company in the US, Markforged provides the most affordable metal and carbon fiber 3D printers on the market. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged products for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and production parts to optimize their manufacturing operations and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally and $137 million in both strategic and venture capital.
The Sr. Training Content Engineer is responsible for the development and execution of training content for our customer training program, Markforged University. This role will own content strategy, development, and workflows to ensure training content is comprehensive and evolves with customer needs and product developments.
In this role you will:
- Create all training materials including presentations for in-person training, eLearning, assessments, course outlines and learning paths utilizing best practices for adult education and knowledge retention
- Evaluate existing content and identify areas for enhancements in instruction methods and knowledge assessment; constantly iterate content based on learner performance and feedback
- Collaborate with Professional Services & Application Engineering to identify customer education needs and iterate content as needed to address needs
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering teams to maintain up to date content strategy according to the product roadmap
- Maintain content governance across all delivery channels, adapting content to each channel as required
- Work with Professional Services leadership to identify opportunities for new education services, courses, and methods.
- Partner with other teams within Markforged on collaborative and cross-functional training efforts.
What we look for:
- 5-7 years of experience as a developer or owner of corporate training, instructional design, or technical development content
- Must have instructional design experience
- Experience in developing content for multiple delivery channels including in-person and eLearning
- Experience developing training content in a technical field such as manufacturing, engineering, hardware or software products, or biotech/life sciences
- Familiarity with common LMS (Learning Management System) and content development tools, such as Articulate, Litmos, and/or Showpad.
- Experience with graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional experience or degree in Additive Manufacturing, 3D printing or related Engineering field.
- First-hand experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description