Senior Technical Writer
The Business Operations team is responsible for supporting the CloudHealth by VMware Revenue team to deliver best-in-class BI, Data, and Analytic services to the business unit. The Team handles the day to day business operations including planning, performance reporting, process and policy standardization, people programs and communications.
A successful candidate will have excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment. The Application Support Engineer will have a strong technical understanding of technology, including the various business process, systems and functional areas being supported.
A successful candidate will have a passion for making complex concepts easy for both co-workers and customers. You achieve this through the design, development, and delivery of highly engaging technical documentation in various formats: user guides, FAQs, animations, graphics, and videos. You are highly creative with a technical edge and want the opportunity to immerse yourself in an environment of learning and growth while partnering with smart professionals, working with the latest technology, and collaborating at a fast-moving company.
Job Role and Responsibility:
·Produce, update, and maintain high quality, customer-facing documentation for a deeply technical product used by enterprises and fast-growing technology companies.
·Deliver documentation in various formats: user guides, FAQs, animations, graphics, and videos.
·Work directly with product management, product marketing, engineering, customer success and external customers to ensure the documentation meets and exceeds customer needs.
·Be a subject matter expert in several business systems including Salesforce, Zuora, and Gainsight.
·Drive documentation as a product, prioritizing and managing both the content and its presentation.
·Be a key stakeholder in defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap for how the Business Operations Team will meet and exceed its customers’ documentation needs.
·Bring innovation and experimentation to product documentation.
·Develop trackable metrics to quantify the success of our execution and drive adjustments.
·Evaluate third-party technologies as required in support of the documentation strategy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 to 5+ years experience of researching, writing, editing, and reviewing product documentation and/or content in support of a technical product.
- 2 to 4+ years experience as a subject matter expert of a SaaS product.
- Proven ability to work across an organization, with strong communication and influence skills.
- Experience doing content audits, metadata management, and search-engine optimization.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with Markdown; static site generators like Jekyll, Hugo, or Middleman; and GitHub is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with SaaS products, such as Salesforce, Zuora, or Gainsight, is a strong plus.