Scientific Writer at PathAI
At PathAI, we are using machine learning to diagnose disease accurately and to match patients with effective therapies.
In this position, you will work closely with scientific programs leads and external partners to help shape and execute the communication of our work in the development and application of new methodologies. You will have the opportunity to make impactful contributions in a fast-paced and dynamic research environment at the cutting edge of biomedical research and biotechnology. Ideal position for a highly motivated individual who thrives by taking the initiative to apply both scientific and communication skills in an intellectually stimulating, collaborative, and social environment.
- Work with scientific program leads and machine learning team members to conceptualize and craft scientific publications and presentations, including journal articles, abstracts, and posters
- Assist in planning, writing, editing, and submission of proposals and progress reports for business partnerships
- Story boarding publications including conference abstracts, posters, presentations and journal articles.
- Analyze and interpret research results and the scientific literature in connection with writing or editing
- Assist in editing major scientific manuscripts, reviews, formal correspondence, and other key documents
- Ensure that work products conform to formatting and internal/external policy/regulatory requirements, are free of errors, and that scientific ideas are presented clearly, accurately, and persuasively
- Help researchers translate results into manuscript format and propel them to publication
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD preferred) in biology, bioinformatics, genomics, medicine, bioengineering, or a related field. Dual degree in language arts preferred.
- Editing experience at a scientific journal a plus
- Able to push science from “good” to “great” at project stages from inception to publication and beyond
- Exceptional writer with a strong science background who can deliver clear, accurate, and compelling pieces
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Adept at gathering information through interviews and enjoys engaging in discussions with researchers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple overlapping and shifting objectives
- Enjoys collaborating with and influencing numerous peers across a flat organizational structure
- Able to translate complex scientific concepts for multiple audiences, balancing clarity and impact
- Capable of coordinating work by numerous contributors and managing complex processes to on-deadline deliver
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.