Mathematics Content Manager at Ellevation Education
A little bit about you:
- Proven success in developing high-quality middle school and high school math resources (digital, print, assessment items, and more!), aligned to national content standards.
- You’re excited to use and share your knowledge of language development standards and best practices in creating content accessible to ELs of varied language proficiency levels.
- You’re a strong writer for adolescent audiences, language learners, and adults.
- Your ability to succeed in an agile startup environment allows you to plan, monitor, and adjust schedules and workflows to ensure high-quality content is produced as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- You can oversee content authors and vendors, but relish the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and author math lessons yourself.
- As a strategic communicator, you’re able to collaborate internally with others and create documentation in a way that ensures vendors are meeting high quality and consistency goals set for the product.
In this role, you will:
- Develop original mathematics instructional materials for secondary students, with a focus on accessible - yet rigorous - design for English language learner audiences.
- Source, oversee, and integrate vendor work including art, audio, animation, and editorial review. Manage timelines, budgets, and workflows. Identify freelancers, vendors, and other contributors needed for executing larger production efforts.
- Independently author formative assessment items and instructional content evaluating the comprehension of math concepts and language comprehension.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality, and consistency of all math instructional resources.
- Ensure content standards are addressed and aligned-to, including CCSS, TEKS, and other state-specific applications.
- Ensure instructional materials offer numerous opportunities for ELL audiences to access, comprehend, and produce language.
Collaboration and Contribution:
- Collaborate with Product and other Ellevation team members on content/product integration efforts and educator resources and tools.
- Coordinate with revenue and field implementation teams to provide guidance, answer customer questions, and gather insights to inform product and content development.
- Collaborate with Education Solutions colleagues working on content for Strategies and other related Ellevation products to ensure a cohesive and effective connection across the portfolio.