Manager, Menu Support
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
ezCater menus are the beating heart of our marketplace. At the intersection of both sides of our platform, ezCater menus simultaneously guide our customers to place the perfect order and help our partners grow their catering businesses. Whether customers are looking for BBQ sandwiches for their team building seminar, vegan Korean noodles for their department outing, or a festive holiday meal for their office party, our carefully curated menus provide both the attention to detail and the streamlined experience that lead customers to say, time and time again, that we really do make their lives easier.
We are searching for a tech-obsessed, data-driven foodie to join our team of managers and help us support, grow, and organize our team of menu specialists. And what are “menu specialists,” you ask? Great question, as our team is pretty unique. ezCater menu specialists transcribe, revise, and optimize all menu content for our 60K+ catering partners. They move fast & also know how to beautifully define kimchi & tahini on the fly. It’s the job of our menu team to help curate each partner’s online presence throughout every step of their journey, and the menu modification team handles all of the revisions and additions that partners request for their ezCater menus.
We’re searching for a manager with a work hard-play hard mentality who will embrace and embody our culture of insane helpfulness and transparency. If you love to roll up your sleeves with your team, solve process puzzles, and end the day with a Nerf gun fight, you are exactly who we are looking for.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead & Hire. You’ll manage a team of 8-10 menu modification specialists and create a hiring plan to keep up with our growth.
- Invent. You’ll design & manage core workflows, discover untapped opportunities, and connect your team with their mission and with company objectives.
- Coach. You’ll foster a team environment of aiming higher, learning, and constant improvement of the menu craft.
- Analyze. You’ll be managing a high volume of inbound tickets, and will analyze data from multiple angles to drive productivity and process enhancements.
- Collaborate. Teamwork makes the dream work, and we’re looking for someone who will bring the ideas of their team to life.
What You Should Bring to the Table:
- 1-2 years of management experience, preferably building and managing high performance customer success or operations teams.
- Passion for People. You’ve hired, managed, and built solid relationships with a team that gets results and has a great time while doing it.
- A Love of Numbers. You’ll drive efficiency improvements and process enhancements autonomously. Comfortably interacting with data is the first step.
- A Tech Toolbelt. You’re familiar with support ticket management and project management systems. You ideally have experience with ZenDesk and Trello.
- A Growth Mindset. You’re passionate about innovation and thrive in uncharted territory.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.