Lead Technical Writer
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 7,500 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
As a Lead Technical Writer, you will make it easy to learn our product, and you will create compelling management insights based on our talent science. You’ll play a critical role in taking ownership of our existing product content portfolio and authoring new content as we continue to bring new solutions to market in the talent optimization space.
You’ll partner with members of our Product Team including product managers and user experience designers. You’ll also work closely with others from around the company including our Science Team members as well as contributors from our Brand and Content Marketing teams. You’ll develop a variety of product content ranging from user interface instructions to report copy to workshop and digital learning content.
You’ll create and publish content standards, and you’ll use these to evaluate our existing product content portfolio. Your external audience will include business and human resources stakeholders who seek an informative yet approachable interaction style.
- Create and edit exceptional UI copy for product tours and interactions, as well as supplemental help documentation.
- Create and edit assessment report content and related observations, insights, and recommendations based on our core science and consulting methodologies.
- Develop principles, guidelines, and best practices for product language and tone.
- Conduct user research and collect product data to evaluate and improve content.
- Articulate and document your content strategy and rationale.
- Collaborate with and influence product management, design, and engineering teams, as well as customer-facing services teams.
- Provide input regarding marketing messaging and direction.
- Develop and maintain a content prioritized content development roadmap.
- Work with localization team members to ensure the intention behind translated copy is accurately captured.
- Three to five years of experience in creative, marketing, or product writing preferred.
- Ability to distill complicated topics into language that anyone can understand.
- Marketing copywriting and basic copyediting experience highly desirable.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively communicate using multiple methods.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Writing for internationalization a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in English, Creative Writing, Marketing, a related field, or equivalent preferred.
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.