Lead Producer at Markforged
Markforged is seeking a talented in-house producer to join our studio team in Watertown, MA. We are revamping our content studio to create premium, influential programming and are assembling a team of the best creative talent in Boston. Projects will range from short-form studio shows geared towards Youtube and social channels, product promos and launches, as well as bespoke mini-docs that shape culture. Looking for an organized, motivated, story-oriented producer to support our Creative Director in overseeing, hiring and managing staff and day-to-day production calendar.
The ideal candidate will be both a leader and a team-player. Our producer must be both right and left brained - organization, managing deadlines and workload, ability to hire, skilled at recruiting and budgeting are a must. But we’re also looking for someone with excellent taste -- including strong storytelling chops, development ability, creative-thinking and a self-starter who can identify talent and content opportunities. Experience operating a camera and interviewing on-camera subjects is important but not the primary focus. Bonus qualities include a love for science and engineering, empathy, and excellent knowledge of the media landscape. They will have a deep understanding of both conventional & digital-first storytelling techniques.
Our producer must work at our office in Watertown and be willing to travel for on-set projects. Our studio is set to grow in the next year, and a candidate with experience in creating sustainable, scalable systems and processes for evolving teams is critical. Enthusiasm, team-mentality, an ability to juggle multiple projects and kick-start production in a busy work environment are all huge musts. We’re looking for someone who is and desires to be a producer first and foremost. Eventual potential career-trajectories for this role include lead producer, executive producer, Head of Production and beyond.
This is more than a job; this is an opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company and tell stories of some of the most relevant, groundbreaking and innovative aspects of culture -- from aerospace, automotive, biomedical, manufacturing and more.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in producing client projects
- Ability to chase, own, and follow up on compelling stories
- Proficient in budgeting, scheduling and team management
- Strong rolodex of talented production crew and skill at identifying and hiring production talent
- Story development & pitching experience
- Doesn’t settle for “good enough” - passion for growth with strong personal creative standards
- Love of documentaries is a plus
- Agency experience & branded-content creation on digital-native platforms a plus
- Ability to follow direction closely as well as elevate inherited ideas
- Has a strong sense of self, taste and sense of humor a plus
- Engineering background and/or passion for science a strong plus
- Works well with teams, responds well to feedback and communicates effectively
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.