Lead for Developer Education and Training in R&D
As our engineering team continues to grow rapidly, we need help providing great onboarding documentation and training for developers, and curating and organizing the growing amount of technical content within our R&D teams.
This role is an opportunity for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about improving the personal development of engineers at a rapidly growing company. If you are passionate about helping developers find the information they need, are curious how software works, instinctually document workflows and processes so people can understand how to get a task done easily and consistently, then please read on!
We are looking for a person who is intelligent, able to learn fast, and work with complex problems, some that will provide opportunity for their own growth and advancement. Additionally, the ideal candidate needs to be a team player & will develop close relationships with the Engineering team while training them.
- Working with developers across engineering teams to collect and share best practices among teams, as well as facilitating creation of developer documentation and Lessonly courses intended for other engineers.
- Curating internal technical knowledge created by developers for developers who work on the core product. This content takes many forms - Confluence, Google Docs, Markdown/mkdocs files in Github repositories, Recorded presentation videos, Lessonly courses.
- Synthesizing and integrating new information into a well organized content management system, and helping maintain this content over time so it is complete, accurate and relevant.
- Organizing internal and external training courses on new technologies and concepts that could be adopted to make our R&D team better.
- 3+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- Proven track record of facilitating technical training sessions, both live and asynchronous.
- Have great verbal and written communication skills to explain technical concepts in simple terms that are understandable even to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with setting up internal continuous education/performance improvement processes.
- Experience with content management systems (Confluence, or equivalent) and Learning Management Systems (LMS) like Lessonly
- Mac and/or Linux
- Git and Github
- Markdown, Sphinx
- Be self-directed and have a sense of ownership over their work
- Be able to tame complexity, and organize lots of information in ways that make it easy for others to find.
- Experience with screencast recording using tools like Camtasia Studio
- Please submit 1-2 writing samples that you are most proud of and exemplify your best work.
DataRobot is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. DataRobot is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.