Document Control Manager at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:16 p.m. (EST) on Friday, March 27, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500.
This position will be primarily responsible for the product life management (PLM) system and Change Management (CM) process implemented in Arena PLM. The person in this role must have the ability to interact with various departments and our Contract Manufacturers to coordinate, generate and complete Engineering Change Orders by ensuring documentation accuracy, creating bills of material, part and assembly revisions, etc. Responsible for the configurations and settings within the PLM system.
In This Role You Will:
- Manage product data in the Arena system including Items, Suppliers, Supplier Items, and all the associated files
- Manage tasks that can include creating new part numbers, sub-assemblies, and top level assemblies in accordance with manufacturing processes, logistics, etc. for new product release.
- Manage the ECO process including configuring approval roles, routings, and inventory dispositions.
- Manage the licenses for the PLM system.
- Create and Run reports within the PLM system
- Provide assistance and training on the PLM system for new employees.
- Provide assistance to all Markforged global locations for PLM usage as requested.
- Assist with the importing and exporting of data (BOMs, Items, Suppliers, files, etc)
- Maintain the support documentation that includes Work Instructions, operating procedures, test procedures, etc.
- Manage requests for non-conforming material, process deviations, and similar requests from our Contract Manufacturers
- Work with our PLM provider to troubleshoot problems
- Grow and refine the PLM system configuration to scale with our growing company
- Create standards and guides for our Product documentation processes
What We Look For:
- Five years experience using PLM along with in-depth knowledge with respect to engineering change orders, engineering drawings, manufacturing processes. Experience with Arena PLM is a strong preference.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with Windows based programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working with Web-based tools including Confluence, Jira, and Google suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description