Digital Librarian at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We are looking for a Digital Librarian who will be responsible for defining and owning content management for the company. Our business is growing exponentially and with it, so are our internal communications. We need someone to transform the way we think about our taxonomy and data structures so that they can scale with us. The Digital Librarian will need to be an organizational master that can drive people to the right information as soon as they need it. We are looking for a self starter with the passion to get things done and the experience to help us do things more effectively.Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally to define organizational taxonomy
- Unify the structure of our wiki and internal documentation (every department is doing something different)
- Use data to inform departments which articles are performing, under-performing, or need “weeding”
- Optimize internal communication channels for the company
- Increase operational efficiency by ensuring high "findability" of articles
- Drive information consumption of internal communications
- Maintain and steward the wiki
- Experience with content management systems such as Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic scripting and SQL knowledge a plus
- A master's of library science (MLS)
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.