At edX, a Cambridge-based non-profit, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to fulfilling careers and lifelong success. Today, edX provides more than 26 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley. edX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income, worldwide. We are seeking people who are learner-focused, outcomes-driven and share our passion for transforming education.
The Content Strategy team is looking for a Category Manager for the business and management vertical to join our Cambridge-based team. This team develops strategic insights to further the company's global learning content efforts, with a specific focus on market analysis and category strategy, acquisition planning and performance.
The Category Manager has the unique opportunity to help shape online education in their vertical and prepare learners for successful careers. Working closely with a cross-functional team, they will lead the definition and execution of the business and management vertical strategy and contribute to the vertical’s growth and overall performance.
- Working with a cross-functional team, define and execute edX’s business and management content strategy that aligns the overall content and product strategies, which includes:
- developing a comprehensive understanding of learners/industry’s knowledge and career skills needs, now and in the future,
- developing content roadmaps and acquisition strategies, and
- identifying emerging trends and platform needs
- Identify the ideal business and management content catalog and product mix to propel learners along their career path and unlock their potential
- Conduct market research (at the desk and in the field), understand and track relevant labor market and employment trends as well as competitive educational and skill building offerings
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in ongoing analysis of the vertical’s performance to determine areas of improvement and optimization, and define and execute plans to capitalize on them
- Provide operational and management reporting on your vertical’s trends
- Lead the analyses and preparation of supporting materials for partner management and strategic partnership team’s acquisition efforts
- Evangelize innovative online educational strategies and new market opportunities in business and management with key stakeholders
- 3 - 5 years of experience in professional services consulting, content strategy or business development; experience working with higher ed customers a plus
- Results oriented professional with a history of success and increasing responsibilities
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally to achieve goals, leading initiatives and succeeding in a team environment
- Possess a highly analytical mindset
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, highly-demanding environment in which complex analysis and modeling is required
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate closely with others, both internally and externally
- Position may require ~20% travel
Nice to have
- Educational and/or professional experience working and learning in the field of business and management
- Experience with Tableau, Salesforce and market analytics platforms (e.g. Burning Glass) - or demonstrated ability to quickly get up to speed
How you will grow
- Be part of a highly talented, collaborative, and practical content strategy team that is always teaching and learning from each other
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with senior leadership on some of edX's highest visibility initiatives
- Focus your energy on business impact, honing your ability to use market analysis to create quantifiable value for an organization
- Play a key role in developing a content portfolio that helps learners unlock their potential and which leads to tangible outcomes in their lives
- Dedicate your time at work to furthering an important social cause, and have a big impact on edX's sustainability
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.