Vice President, Technical Account Management
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are seeking an experienced Vice President, Technical Account Management (TAM) to lead our global TAM organization. Our TAM Teams are technical experts on Drupal and Acquia products with a proven ability to listen, read between the lines, and deliver value as a technical advisor to our customer; owning the technical roadmap for current and future engagements. As the leader, you will further support and develop this global team, building a best in class customer experience by bridging the now to the future through Acquia products and services.
- Impact customer engagement, transforming every interaction into an opportunity to clearly demonstrate value through delivery of service and customer success.
- Build a high performing team of technology experts that are integral to our customers’ success and operate with a “keep the customer for life” approach
- Drive operational excellence through process improvement
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders including the Support, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams in order to identify opportunities that impact satisfaction
- Partner cross-functionally on client escalations to prioritize and drive resolution
- Monitor and facilitate the customer's adoption of our solution, features and functionality
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressively responsible professional experience; minimum of 7+ in leadership roles
- Demonstrated experience leading technical, customer facing teams in global enterprise software companies; prior experience with SaaS and open source software (OSS) required.
- Strong prior technical experience; ideally with Drupal site and application architecture, LAMP internals and a passion for the web.
- Strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Ability to drive operational excellence at all levels or your organization
- Demonstrated collaboration and influencing skills that will build consensus and drive success cross functionally in a highly matrixed, global organization.
- The ability to identify new areas of opportunity beyond current organizational thinking
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership, influencing and negotiating skills; ability to place TAM in the context of broader company strategy and business results
- Strong project and program management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially with respect to articulating highly technical concepts to both more technical and less technical audiences
- Strong people management and leadership capabilities
- Drive to deliver results for continuous improvement
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, with thorough attention to detail
- Excellent judgment and ability to incorporate business considerations into decision-making
- Ability to react and adjust to a dynamic and changing business strategy