Test Engineer Intern
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As a team that creates the tools that we use, we’re involved in all aspects of development (design, prototype, validation, production). Careful quality control, coherent engineering, in-house prototype fabrication, and effective design are key to turning our ideas into reality. To continue making high-quality products that exceed our customer's expectations, we must continuously improve; this requires both attention to detail and comprehensive knowledge of our mechanical systems.
If you want to be the grease that keeps our engineering team running, join our team as a Test Engineer Intern.
- Prototype new engineering designs
- Test prototype printers
- Keep our growing fleet of experimental 3D printers running at peak performance, analyze, document, and report on printer and print failures
- CAD test parts and compose test procedures to evaluate printer performance
- Critical liaison between design and manufacturing— revise part designs and engineering drawings for production changes
- Organize information collected from printers to present and defend design changes
- Perform QC on incoming first articles to ensure parts meet our tolerances
- Ready to build, test, or tweak, whatever needs to be done
- Demonstrated skill working hands-on with mechanical and electrical hardware
- Clear communicator who can work across many teams
- Creative problem-solver who loves to work on puzzles
- Organized, autonomous, and results driven
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.