Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance & Investor Relations
Wayfair is seeking a Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance & Investor Relations to join our Finance team. The role will report into the Associate Director, Strategic Finance & Investor Relations and has the potential to be a fast-scaling position at a rapidly growing public company. This is a highly visible role within the company, interacting regularly with senior stakeholders in the business and helping craft the Wayfair messaging to Wall Street. The Senior Analyst will help the team with quantitative and qualitative analysis of key business metrics, strategic initiatives (including partnership deals, M&A evaluation) and communication of investment thesis and business fundamentals to the executive team, board of directors and investor community.
To be successful, the Senior Analyst must leverage strong analytical abilities, sound business acumen and well-developed organizational and communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with backgrounds in investment banking; strategy consulting; company finance functions; investment management; and, Big Four accountancy, that are looking to make the transition to a high-growth operating company.
The Finance team sits at the intersection of Wayfair’s brands and functional groups, providing both internal analysis to aid business unit leaders in their decision making and external communication and marketing of the business to investors. The team helps to evaluate the most efficient use of capital through the diligence and tracking of internal opportunities as well as evaluating strategic partnerships and acquisitions. The Senior Analyst will interact frequently with other finance and operating teams within the company, including Financial Planning & Analysis and Strategic Operational Finance, with potential for high performing candidates to rotate into other finance or operational groups after ~ 1 year.
- Create core key performance indicators for the business; work with functional leads to understand drivers of change
- Develop communication strategy for investor base
- Lead communication with research analysts and investor base on investment thesis and rationale
- Analyze common key strategic questions/areas of focus from investor community; present findings to executive team and develop formulate company response
- Build and maintain investor forecast model and work with team to determine quarterly guidance setting
- Present analysis and strategy regularly to CEO, CFO and other executive team members; build consensus and coordinate efforts across multiple departments
- Execution of special projects related to corporate growth opportunities and capital allocation
- Build presentations for senior management, Board of Directors and external parties
- Bachelor’s Degree, 2+ years’ experience in investment banking; strategy consulting; company finance functions; investment management; or, Big Four accountancy
- Strong financial analysis, modeling and valuation skills
- Highly proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Superlative communication (verbal and written) skills including ability to logically structure and deliver presentations
- A desire to move quickly and decisively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable in a data-driven environment
- Positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude. Comfortable acting autonomously.